Keep in mind that Depression is….
Common: One out of ten people will report depression at some point in their lives (and that’s just the people who recognize it and report it).
Quietly destructive: It wastes lives, because lives are kept small, and opportunities wasted, because of the depression. It costs money, because careers are hamstrung. It contributes to illness and early death, because it has a variety of damaging impacts on the body.
Highly treatable: Depression is one of the most common reasons people seek therapy, and one of the things therapy is particularly good at treating. There are lots of things we can do to depression around and get life moving forward again, often quite rapidly.
If you’re depressed, you might be Feeling…
– Listless. Heavy. Hopeless. Grim. Flat. Stuck. Helpless. Angry. Just unhappy.
– About death or suicide.
– Repetitively, about what is wrong with situations or the other people in your life.
– Spinning off into self-criticism a lot.
– Avoidant of challenges because you’re “not up for it.”
– Stuck in a rut.
– Withdrawn from other people.
– Irritable, or even prone to anger or rage.
– Drawn to substance abuse or other compulsive behavior, from TV binging to porn addiction.
Treating Depression – The Bridge Center Difference
We take a multi-modal approach – integrating the best tools from many approaches.
Your Bridge Center Therapist we’ll be looking at:
– The body. Everything from recent lab values to sleep to diet to exercise.
– Relationships. Because getting relationships working can be the fast-track to relieving depression.
– How you think, and what you do.
There are many ways of thinking and behaving, like circular self-criticism, procrastination, or avoidance of others. These patterns create and feed depression. We want to step in, interrupt the repetitive patterns, and help you feel the pull toward feeling better.
Are you ready to take that first step to peace and happiness?
We think we’re uniquely equipped to free you of depression as effectively, rapidly, and enjoyably as possible.